MAINTENANCE OF RUBIO MONOCOAT HARDWAX OILED FLOORS:
- Keep grit off the floor.
- Dust mop or vacuum regularly and keep doormats clean.
- Wipe up spills promptly with a dry cloth.
- Use a slightly dampened cloth for sticky spills.
For general weekly or periodic cleaning, mix 2 ounces of Rubio Monocoat Soap with a gallon of warm water in one bucket and pour clear water into another bucket. Clean the floor with the diluted soap and a floor cloth, a sponge mop or a wet mop. Always make sure that you wring out the applicator well in order to avoid excessively wetting the floor. After you clean a section of the floor with diluted soap, rinse the floor cloth or a mop thoroughly in the bucket of clean water. Wring thoroughly.
Clean the same section again with damp applicator. Avoid penetration of water into joints of floor boards. You can also use a spray bottle and spray small amount of a diluted cleaner on mop or cloth, and wipe small section of floor. Buff dry. Continue until entire area has been cleaned. To achieve more luster use Rubio Monocoat Soap Satin undiluted instead of Rubio Monocoat Soap. Use it as directed.
HARDWAX OILED FLOORS REQUIRE PROFESSIONAL ANNUAL MAINTENANCE OF AT LEAST MAIN TRAFFIC AREAS. PLEASE CALL US TO INSPECT YOUR FLOORS ANUALLY AND TO ASSIST YOU WITH NECESSARY RECOATS.
- Use only proper floor care products
- Place mats at doorway exteriors to minimize trucking of grit, dirt and sand
- Wipe all spills immediately
- Put fabric or plastic- faced glides under the legs of furniture, to prevent scuffing and scratching.
- Cleats, high heels can dent any floor surface!
- Do not slide heavy pieces of furniture on the floor
- For wood flooring in the kitchen, place an area rug in front of the kitchen sink.
For additional information or
to request an appointment, please email us.